Saturday, September 21, 2019

UE Wonderboom installs, pairs, connects but doesn't show up in Playback devices

This post is about the UE (UltimateEars) Wonderboom bluetooth speaker.

Problem:
- it installs, pairs, connects but doesn't show up in Playback devices

(my) Cause:
- I restored my PC from a previous backup but of course the Bluetooth drivers were no longer working, so they needed to be reinstalled. This was noticeable because when I went to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, it showed my PC under 'Devices' with a yellow triangle symbol with an exclamation mark, indicating something is not ok. Then when I right-clicked and clicked Troubleshoot, it told me that there was a problem with various device drivers (various Bluetooth audio drivers in my case). Simple reason: it's because my Bluetooth Suite wasn't installed.

(my) Solution:
- reinstall the Bluetooth drivers for the PC (in my case Bluetooth Suite) and reboot
- after this, just pair your Wonderboom as usual in Windows Bluetooth Settings


No comments:

Post a Comment